Friday, March 21, 2014

Skiing the Wasatch

Had a great time skiing the other day with our friends Nate and Dan, we headed above Alta near Wolverine Cirque.  The best snow of the year so far and great weather.  These are pictures from two separate weekends.
Climbed the peak in the background and enjoyed snow all day long, great day with minimal winds.
Wolverine Cirque area, Nate is killing it........apparently turns are for sissies!
Here is Dave wallowing in the snow after he overshot the starting point for Holy Toledo, you can see Cardiac Ridge in the background which is where we headed next, climbed to the top and did a ton of turning to the bottom.  We tried to ignore the heli skiers getting dropped off to the right of us on the ridge.  I'm pretty sure they didn't enjoy their turns near as much as we did!
 
Top of Holy Toledo Coulior
Even though there were plenty of turns, we still got out own in without crossing others.  This is what happens to this area when the avalanche danger is low.
The man is focusing!!   Notice the tongue sticking out, the sure sign he is concentrating on something.
Holy Toledo was the chute just right of center in this picture.  It had a pretty steep entry but great turns throughout the rest.  We were the first to ski it since the last storm and the snow was great!
Getting to the top of Cardiac ridge after a very hot climb, the sun was shining all day with just a mild breeze.  Best weather day of the year we all agreed.  This is the only picture I'm in and it's only my shadow.  I often ask Dave what it's like having his life documented for him on a continual basis.  It's all good though, he's way more photogenic than I am anyways!
Dave and I were driving out that morning and he wanted me to tell Nate that we could not find a book the night before called the Chuteing Gallery, which I am familiar with.  He asked if I knew how to spell it before I texted the message and I said, "Yea, duh!!  Shooting....s-h-o-o-t-i-n-g!"  After I spelled it out for him he looked at me and rolled his eyes like I was the biggest idiot and said very proudly, "No.....chuteing.....c-h-u-t-e-i-n-g!"   I then rolled me eyes and said, "I know, I was just playing with you."   Then I laughed and laughed because he totally fell for it. This is a stupid story but sometimes he is seriously fun to tease, because he is such a smarty pants.


No comments: