Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Skiing with kids

This is a picture after lunch, headed out for one last run.  Of course they were all really excited to get ski poles for the first time!

My sister and I had wanted to take the kids skiing this year and I found a great deal online.  Unfortunately it turned out to be a really bad weather day....really bad!  We ended up getting rained on almost the whole time and now just a little rain, a lot of rain, almost a downpour and then the sleet started.  It was really fun seeing the kids pick up on it so fast and get around but I wish we could have stayed the full day like we had planned but we were all soaked through!   Sue and I laughed when she stood up from a chair in the lodge that had two coats hanging on the back.  Because they were so heavily soaked the chair fell over backwards. 

Caleb was asking me what I was up to the following weekend during lunch and whether or not I would want to go skiing again.  If they had fun on this kind of a day in these conditions, skiing slush then on a good day we won't be able to pry them out of their boots. 

It rained on us all the way home which was great and then, of course the rain stopped right outside of strawberry and none was received back home.  
 

 
 
 



No comments: